Friday, September 14, 2007

Classic Top

It's a mad rush around here today, so a quick update! My Barbara Walker inspired top is finally an FO and worn to Bangkok this week - Straight off the blocking board and onto the body, literally! The passenger next to me, Prof Carla from Italy, actually noticed and commented on the seamless shoulder and sleeves!!!
I think I've got everything- length, collar, sleves, just right this time round and plan to knit a series of these in different variations and colours as casual office wear.

Pattern : Set in sleeves
Knitting from the top - Barbara Walker
Yarn : Japanese Peony - 100% acrylic
Amount: 8x 40g x ?? metres
Needles: 3.5mm





Not very tidy and still slightly noticeable but I'm real proud of my short- row shoulders and sleeves.










Decided to replace K2P2 ribbing with K2 P2 Cable2 P2 when I got bored with the sleeves and neck Ribs.




There's going to be much winter wear knitting from now and DD has requested for this jumper from a Rowan mag in Polar yarn which I conveniently have stashed.

6 comments:

Annie said...

This is the top you shown me when we last met right? Your seamless shoulders and sleeves are very nice and neat. I tried this method for the sleeves of my tilted duster, but mine have some tiny holes! :(

Nurhanne said...

Job well done - as always :-)

opportunityknits said...

It looks impeccable.

R a i n said...

Wow...nice! Looking forward to trying out the new method.

bluey said...

The classic top is nice. A perfect basic wear for office. :)

knitties said...

It's a really nice sweater and the colour is fantastic! Your new project looks promising too :)