Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Almost there

I've got a few new projects lined up and no, no, no I'm NOT casting-on any till Cozy and Clapotis are finished. The additional 3 hanks of Knit Picks Twist should arrive for the final lap of Clap in a week or so.

Here it is, almost 50" done and 20" to go, should take another few days, not too difficult to keep temptation at bay right? Thing is, some days I can get more than 10 repeats knitted and some, hardly two!

The 8th Lunar month Autumn Mooncake Festival is just over and every year I loathe to throw out the prettier wooden boxes the cakes come in these days. I'm using them for yarn, hopefully, after much cleaning and airing there'll be no residue scent. There's a few more being aired but these are my favorite. The long ones with satin wrap covers are perfect for straight needles.

........................
DH's jumper, in Rowanspun 4 ply, has to be completed in November which is not that many weeks away but it's such an easy knit that the 300 stitches on 3mm needles don't seem such a lot since most of the knitting is done while watching TV.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right...the mooncake boxes ARE nice to keep the needles! I guess next year I should be on the look out for those =)

Anonymous said...

oooh, good idea with the mooncake boxes. i've saved them from the past years, not knowing what to do with them (but they are too pretty to throw away!) =)

and wow - doing the jumper on 3mm needles!! it actually looks really good so far in that gauge. more power (and patience) to you! =)

R a i n said...

No wonder you were looking out for them boxes. The straights are lookin' good ;)

opportunityknits said...

The boxes are so pretty, and what a good idea to keep sock yarn in them. Cozy and the jumper are looking good.

Anonymous said...

Same here! Am using those boxes to store needles, yarn and stuff! Big plus factor is that they are durable... :D

Mimi said...

Cozy will soon be done. I agree with you, it's very tempting to cast for your next project. I was collecting many cookie boxes for my beads but haven't use them for yarn yet. Your boxes are so pretty. The moncakes I got this year didn't have pretty boxes.