Sunday, November 12, 2006

Black Diamonds

So it's my Saturday off work and I couldn't wait to settle down with a mug of white coffee to knit hubby's jumper and try short rows on the shoulder seams instead of the usual step-cast-off. Just a few more inches and the back should be done.


But wait, it's a bright morning with good light to work on a swatch with the black Knit Picks Gloss just arrived. Plenty of time to go back to the jumper or so I thought!

Well, here's the swatch for Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy Shawl, see how its grown to almost 5 repeats by the evening?? :) Not a stitch was made on anything else. I just went on and on and oh! the merino silk mix is so soft and smooth, the stitches just flew off the needles. I'm definitely going to buy more if I get a chance to.


I'm back to the shawl now, here's wishing you all a productive week ahead. Happy knitting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

heylo! i came by your blog through the knitforum. And i've just started to learn the basics of knitting. I hope i can learn more bout it. i love your knittings too!
p/s: Sorry that i ahve to post this here, i couldn't find the chatter box if there's any.. sorry!

R a i n said...

Nice going on the sweater.
Your Diamond Fantasy Shawl looks gorgeous and I really regret not getting Knitpicks - Gloss after that wonderful description ;)

mona said...

Told you lace was addictive!! Got to try that knitpick Gloss

Anonymous said...

i have never knitted lace before!! i find them intimidating!! your shawl is looking fabulous!!

Laura.Y said...

ooo Nice! I like the colors!

Regg said...

i think u r really good with lace!!!
nice one!

opportunityknits said...

The DFS is very pretty, no wonder you couldn't put it down. I guess you might even be finished with it by now :)

Mimi said...

I agree with you, the blend of merino and silk is so soft. I am knitting a shawl as well , it's hard to stop! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely!~