Friday, October 12, 2007

Polar

Polar is an FO, one down and hopefully 3 more jumpers to go. I've got plans for a hat and mittens if there's enough knitting hours to end November but I'm not too confident about that. We'll see...

Pattern:Rowan Mag 30, SNUG by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Rowan Polar(60%wool 30%alpaca 10%acrylic)
Needles: 8mm & 7mm
Amount: 6 x 100g x 100m
Finished size: 32"



In the meantime I've casted on another jumper with the Noro wool/silk that's been calling out to me each time I so much as peep at my stash cupboard! The subtle blending of colours which then stretches into rich hues before another clever blend never ceases to amaze and delight as I knit away into the night. (that explains why I need a little snooze when I get home from work recently)

I could have not bothered to match the front and back, but being the neurotic that I am, they HAD to be symmetrical, so that is another ongoing challenge and I'm sure the sleeves ain't going to be easy. Life's more interesting this way isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh...the polar jumper looks really nice!! cant wait to see the noro jumper as a FO!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thats alot of WIPs near completion (in the previous post) The orange one looks good. What exactly is it?

Annie said...

Polar looks good, I like the colour too. Looking forward to see your Noro jumper!

SummerCraftz said...

the jumper is beautiful!~ sweet color as well. :>