Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Delayed gratification...

It was love at first sight with Agatha-ThatLoganChick and so I proceeded to purchase it at Etsy, planning to cast it on over the weekend.
I've been very good recently, knitting from Stash, so was certain there'd be a suitable wool mix or silky DK yarn tucked in there. Skeins are literally falling out when the cupboard is opened!
Now, how many mornings have we stood staring at the clothes closet ,surprised there's 'nothing to wear' when the bars are sagging with too many hangers? That's that same feeling I had when I searched and triple checked through the Stash for that just perfect yarn I would have bought and forgotten about many moons ago - there must be!
Nope, nothing, I came up with zilch, not even a substitute I might consider in desperation. Hmm...maybe my Stash is not as big as I thought????

Oh well! delayed gratification is good for the knitting soul sometimes and I might as well enjoy the online shopping....
Here's a peek at my WIPs...


Decided to stay with stockinette so as not to 'distort' the colourway, but might change to the Blueberry waffle stitch for the leg. Yarn - Supersock from Cherry Tree Hill in Spring Frost; Needles - 2mm

Office Casual (the third) with Peony acrylic yarn on 3.5 mm needles. I don't have a particular pattern and is winging it as I knit.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Nice new "look"! hehe i tot i have visited a wrong blog!