Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday

Sing Hosanna! Hosanna! to the Lord.

Palm Sunday commemorates the journey of Jesus into Jerusalem before the Crucifixion.

Parishioners were given crosses fashioned from palm leaves as we entered the Sanctuary decorated with pots of palm trees. I wish my cross wouldn't get all dried up and brittle as it would make such a meaningful bookmark.

Good Friday services will be held from 12.30 to 3pm and when we're coming out of church I'll be anticipating rainstorms. I don't remember a year when it hasn't poured with 'tears from heaven' at the crucifixion hour. I wonder if this happens all over the world?

Easter morning sunrise service at 6.30 am is usually held at the football field as we worship with parishioners from sister churches. There is translation of Bible readings and sermons from English into Mandarin and Tamil. Last year we had Korean as well.

A Very Blessed Easter!

8 comments:

Ruth said...

hi sally! hope you have a wonderful easter too! besides Christmas, this is one of my favorite times of year... to celebrate at home, i'm going to attempt to do a roasted lamb dish for my family. i've never done lamb before so i hope it'll be ok. =P

Anonymous said...

God bless your Easter service with good weather as you rejoice in the Lord.

glenna said...

I read your post yesterday, and woke up dreaming of your cross. Could you press it until it dried completely and then laminate it? blessings on your Easter too!! glenna <><

mona said...

Happy Easter Sally

knitties said...

Hey Sally, Happy Easter! Hope you'll have a good one :)

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»