Monday, April 24, 2006

So light...for today...

I was happily side-tracked onto the Trinity KAL but have since gone back to my other WIPs. It's so tempting to cast on for other projects when several orders arrived, all that yummy yarn, beckoning and waiting to be WIPs.

Edward's scarf was washed and blocked in time for his departure to Canada this week. He's learnt the basics of knitting, perhaps the yarn shops over there will tempt him to embark on a project. Sigh..why is it so difficult to part with an FO? There I was, finished with my laundering instructions when I overheard hubby, "better tell him to remember how to wash that scarf, she may want to see it next year"!! to daughter.


Scarf: K1P1 Rib

Finished size: 7" x 60" - width

Yarn: Japanese 100% wool
6 x 50 gm x 32 metres
Needles: 10 mm


Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted is really not working out for me at all. After 2 scarfs, a hat and 2 jumpers, I've had enough and can't imagine knitting with the yarn again. The 20% wool mix pills as soon as its knitted and strangely, different coloured yarns seem to have differing quality and the worst so far is Camel used for JS' jumper below. I'm not going to bother so much with machine dryability anymore and will settle for superwash wool. It's just not worth the cost and hours when an FO feels like cheap acrylic. I'm such a yarn snob aren't I?



Jumper: broken garter stitch

Finished size: 42" chest

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight
20% wool 80% acrylic

6.25 x 85 gm x 197 yds
Needles: 5 mm



(unblocked)



There's just the baby blanket left to finish, but then, no hurry, baby is not due till August. In the meantime I can cast on for : bicycle helmet ear warmers, fingerless mittens, cabled vest, another jumper, a cotton shrug for YL, shawls ..............so I'll be back for the blanket in late July.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

the sweater looks lovely! i haven't really used lionbrand woolease for anything - i just buy it for "practice yarn" if i'm teaching friends. does that make me a yarn snob too?? (my husband says i am anyhow) hehe =)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about yarn pilling as you knit. I have experienced it before. I recently found a sweater shaver battery operated thing from Daiso but I haven't used it yet. Thought I should get it just in case :)
I like the scarf with the bits of colour. And wow you finished a 42" sweater!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»