1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love working with natural fibres, especially wool / silk mixtures. Not too fond of mohair and acrylics. Buys mostly Rowan yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Most of them are kept in several long rectangular moon-cake boxes and I have a canvas Knitting Needles bag from years ago just for straights.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Possibly between intermediate to advanced and definitely no expert yet. Was taught to knit in school at 12 yrs, continued with scarves and jumpers into college and university. Didn’t knit for many years when I came back to warmer climes and saw the prices at the LYS (very little online stuff in the good ole days). Started again in 2005 when son left for college and hasn’t stopped since!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not really, only orders from them when I can’t find the book locally.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender and Rose in any form. Has many favourites, mostly floral and will always have Dior Diorissmo on the dressing table.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not much of a sweet tooth but loves dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Nope, no time for anything else except for knitting. Don’t’ spin either but does some yarn painting with food dyes occasionally.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, my PC plays all formats. Prefers Oldies (50s – 80s) and anything else that’s not loud.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to buy darker colours for work and brighter pastels for casuals. Am a little conservative with yarn purchases and tend to go for ‘safe’ colours. However am trying to be more adventurous with my purchases recently. Cannot stand ‘electric’ colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Hubby,two kids, a maid and dog. My eldest son is in university and daughter pursuing ‘A’ Levels in college. Large projects like Jumpers are usually for son and daughter needs trendy stuff like shrugs. Dottie, our Basset and Golden Retriever mix loves to sniff at wool but not other yarn. (something about dogs and sheep??)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Would love to be able to wear hats but I look terrible no matter which way I place them, so have given up unless travelling in Winter. No mittens in temperatures like ours – average 28 -30 C, year round . Likes to wear stoles / shawls in air-conditioned office and church.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and shrugs for instant gratification! Prefers having at least 2 WIPs at one time. One for mindless knitting when watching TV and the other a little more challenging. I tend to knit things that I need and can use frequently.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Currently on the needles : a jumper, sleeveless top and the Kimono stole
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I do, very much. and appreciates gifts made just for me!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends – I prefer straights to cast on lace patterns and knitting scarves. All other work is knitted with my Addis or Denise circulars. I still use DPNs for sleeves but am beginning to prefer Magic Loop, especially for socks. Prefers aluminium, bamboo and plastic in that order.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but no swift
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ogee sleeveless top since before Christmas 2006
18. What is your favorite holiday?
All holidays with every member of our family together is always special. In general any holiday when I’m off work where I also get to knit and knit!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Figurines of ducks and pigs. Wall plates, wall plates and wall plates..
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have bought most of the books I want. As for yarn – wanst to try Seasilk and Noro. I subscribe to IK, buys Rowan online. Would love to have old IK, Vogue and Rowan mags – pre 2006
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Steeking when I can find the courage and Fair Isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh yes! I’m a UK size 3.5
23. When is your birthday?