Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm back!

I'm back...,with no new FOs, a frogged Kimono stole, 2 old WIPs and new cast on Kimono. So much for planning to complete the Aran jumper by end February and showing off Ogee in this entry!

The ten days I was off work during the Chinese New Year break were spent mostly sleeping, eating and catching up with visiting relatives. It was so hot and humid most of the time that the idea of having this huge mass of wool on my lap wasn't such a good idea. How much can one knit with sticky fingers from constantly dipping into festive cookie jars??
And that brings me to the 'mystery' of the 3 additional pounds that seem to have appeared overnight....and so today is the official start of my week long DIET.

Anyway, I decided the Aran jumper can wait till June and I'd mail it off then. Truffles was sewn up and packed but I forgot to take pictures. The one below was hastily dug out of son's luggage 10 minutes before setting off for the airport. I'm afraid it looks muddy instead of dark chocolate brown in the photo.

In the meantime, the Kimono stole pattern in variegated merino mohair just didn't look right and I decided to frog after 3 repeats. Better than regretting later I guess.
I replaced it with the Fingering weight light blue cashmere (remember that tangled mess a few blogs ago?) which shows off the pattern much better.

...............................

Would be happy to receive suggestions on other projects for this laceweight variegated yarn.



Pattern : Truffles, Drops Pattern 25-83
Chest Size: 42"
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Superwash, colour Truffle
Amount: 16 x 50 gm x 110 yds
Needles: 5 mm

The whole clan jumper is knitted with Swish Coast Grey on 4.5 mm needles instead of 5mm and the twisted cable -mistake rib stitches makes a much firmer texture. Although I'm happy with how Truffles turned out, it's a little too 'soft'. I'd much prefer a firmer feel to the garment and would have been perfect had I went with a tighter gauge.
I love the yarn and would definitely use it again.

2 comments:

R a i n said...

Ooo good luck on the diet ;o) I've been meaning to start since two years ago hehehehe.

Laceweight variegated yarn...I can only think of shawls =)

Muddy or not, it still looks great!

Laura.Y said...

hmm u r right, the light blue cashmere looks great with this lace pattern. This lace pattern is very nice.