Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gosh! it's grand-aunt

Yes! my baby blanket is ready and will be in blue wrappings for a boy. I plan to write on the gift tag, "every stitch knitted with love, from great aunt Sally".

My first baby wrap was knitted for DH's nephew while at Uni and this is for his son! How the years have flown by. I had completely forgotten about the little white cotton attempt when he mentioned his mum has it at home.
Imagine, an FO from 28 years ago! I'm definitely going to make an effort to take a picture of it for posting here.

Pattern: Fun stitch baby blanket

Yarn: 100% wool of Japanese origin

Skeins: 10 x 50 gm x 85 m

Needles: 6.5 mm

I can't wait to swatch for Cozy and Office Casual 3 but have to make another one of my detours again since I've promised a colleague's ballerina daugther a pair of leg warmers. She's been having trouble finding some that would stay up on her slimmer legs and suffers cramps.

My friend wants to learn to knit the warmers but don't you think it's less stressful for me to work on a ribbed pair myself ? There's plenty in my stash for a small gift anyway.

3 comments:

opportunityknits said...

The baby blanket looks soft and nice in the white wool, and hope you get a photo of the 28 year old blanket for us.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What a beautiful blanket. I also love the pullover sweaters that you've recently completed.

You're inspiring me for future projects.

Have a great week!

Shelly

Hannah said...

How lovely!